Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Can you believe it's 2015?!?

I cannot believe that it is the year 2015.  Nor can I believe that half the school year is over.  January is always a time of reflection for me.  What have I been doing this year that is working?  What do I need to tweak?  Where am I in relation to last year?

For me, that last question is like doing a 180.  I was teaching high school English one year ago.  This year, early childhood special education.  Even though the subjects, and ages, of my students have drastically changed since January of '14, I still feel that there are many lessons I have learned over the past 12 months.

What lessons have you learned as an educator or a parent since last January?  How can you use that knowledge to make you a better teacher or parent, or maybe even both?

1 comment: